This year has had a lot of firsts...and the first holiday season under social distancing guidelines will be yet another. But don’t worry, we can still deck the halls (virtually?!) and just need to get creative. Here are 3 tips on how you and your business can celebrate with co-workers and customers this holiday season.
Eat, Drink, & Be Merry One way companies are staying connected while apart is to host food and beverage tastings. Some ideas include:
- Virtual master chef class: Send your team or clients all the ingredients ahead of time and invite a chef to host the event. Everyone will cook the same meal and do it together in the comfort of their own home.
- Champagne/Wine Tastings: Send your team or clients a few bottles of bubbly or wine and have a master bartender/sommelier guide you through a thoughtful tasting. Bonus tip: Send cheese or chocolates to the pair! Want to skip the booze? Opt for a hot chocolate, coffee, cider or tea tasting instead!
Tis’ the Season for Local Tidings Let’s make it a priority this year to shop local and help out our community businesses.
- Head to a local wine/cheese shop to send client baskets instead of hand delivering them
- Shop your local boutique - they often have many varieties of gifts for men and women from candles, to scarves, and bar cart accessories. Create your own care package and drop it in the mail.
- Don’t want to add to the holiday weight gain? We get it. Why not try a gift certificate for pedicures or a blow out from a local hair salon!
Go Ho Ho Virtual Still want to have a party? Go for it. Just use Zoom. Create a schedule of events so it doesn’t get awkward, and also use the breakout rooms feature so small groups/departments can connect together.
- Secret Santa: pre-determine who has who and have your team mail/drop off each other's gifts. Then open them live on Zoom!
- Two Bit Circus: They have created a customized interactive-cast in which you and your guests can play a set of games. The content is fully customizable, from the games questions, topics, all the way to the branding of the web app. There are plenty of integrations for partners and sponsors as well.
- Air BnB is hosting online experiences for teams from safaris in Sri Lanka to bakeries in Paris. Even though virtual travel isn’t the same as the real thing-it at least gets us “pretend” there.
We hope this helps your holiday planning and sparks ideas of your own!! Need more ideas? Let us know, we’d be happy to help.